Pages

Thursday, September 22, 2011

I wish you could make me laugh but you can't so bye bye

Since I moved in brussels I have one big problem that haunts my daily life: Good friends.
I really don't mean to brag, but people in greece are much more friendlier than those here. Since I came here I have very often felt lonely and rarely had a lot of fun with my new friends. I have a few girlfriends that I really trust, but even with them I don't the happiness a good friend can make you feel.

Yesterday as I was hanging out with a boy I have recently become really close friends with, I caught myself laughing with almost every other thing we talked about, and I felt very happy. He pointed out that I laugh all the time and I replied "I'm a very happy person i guess". At that instant I doubted myself because for the past year I never considered myself a happy person. He also told me that another friend of his, that I haven't met but I have been chatting with on facebook, thought that I am a very funny and pleasant person. Then I remembered myself with my friends in greece and realized that I actually am I very happy person as long I am with the right people. I realized that I need to spend more time with people capable to make me laugh.

However, I suppose it doesn't mean that the people who tend to make you laugh are those you should trust completely either. Then who am I to trust? Who is worth of everything I have to give to a friend?

And also.. a message to everyone: saying "Hello" or even just smiling is totally free of charge and it will not harm you in any way.  So you might as well say hi to someone who you used to hang out with once in a while. 

2 comments:

  1. you can anywhere find the right person
    don't worry about this, be always happy and patient

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are right, and I think you are :) thank you

    ReplyDelete